Local News

Funds available to elderly for energy bills

— Nu-Hope Elder Care Services Inc. has announced that Emergency Home Energy Assistance money for the for elderly is available.

An applicant can receive help paying past due energy bills, obtain adequate cooling or heating equipment, or resolve other cooling-related energy crises, Nu-Hope said.

To qualify, the household must: contain a person 60 years of age or older; be responsible for paying their cooling/heating costs; have an income not exceeding 150 percent of the federal poverty guidelines; have a past due power bill or lack of access to adequate means of heating or cooling; and documented proof of Social Security numbers for all members of the family.

Applicants must bring a copy of their past due power bill, identification and proof of income for all household members.

For an appointment, call Nu-Hope at 382-2134.