Star Wars stars in support of Moses Ingram after racist comments

Placeholder when article actions are loaded

The Star Wars movie rights, its cast and fans speak in support of actor Moses Ingram, who said he was targeted by waves of racist abuse online for his role in the new “Opi-Van Canobi” series.

Ingram made his debut as Reva Sevander, one of Darth Vader’s investigating officers on a mission to hunt down the Jedi. At the widely-anticipated Disney Plus show on Friday, the star described threatening and racist messages on Instagram. Someone said her “days are numbered”. Another labeled her a “multiple renter.” Other messages used the word n.

The relentless journey of Moses Ingram from West Baltimore to Hollywood

Evan McGregor was the latest co-star to voice his support, saying he was “sick” by the way Ingram was treated and slammed the news as “horrible”. She also starred in “The Queen’s Gambit” – also known as Ingram. One of Netflix’s most rated programs of all time – A “brilliant actor.”

In a video that received more than 5 million views on the Star Wars Twitter account, he said, “As the executive producer of this series, I want to say that we stand with Moses.” Method.

“We love Moses. If you send her threatening messages, you’re not a Star Wars fan in my mind,” he said.

McGregor’s support came after the Star Wars franchise star persecuted. “We are proud to welcome Moses Ingram to the Star Wars family,” the owner tweeted Tuesday, adding that “the producers are excited about Reva’s story coming out.”

“If anyone wants to make her feel unpleasant, we have to say only one thing: we will resist.” Read the tweet.

See also  The RNC unanimously voted to withdraw from the Commission on Presidential Debates

Ingram took to his Instagram stories last week to describe the abuse, saying he felt “no one can do anything to stop this hatred” and that the comments were provoking self-doubt. “I question the purpose of being here in front of you that this is happening,” he said in the video, as it no longer seems like Instagram stories have expired after 24 hours.

“The thing that bothered me was that I had this feeling – no one told me – but this feeling I had to shut my mouth and take it. I just had to bear it with a smile. And I was not structured like that,” Ingram said, thanking the fans who supported him. .

Many people use the hashtag on social networking sites #WeLoveYouMosesIngram They invited me to share their admiration for the 29-year-old “Efficient” And “A symbol.”

Star Wars has long struggled with issues related to race and gender and is committed to increasing diversity in its cast amid setbacks.

Black British actors John Boyega and Thandiwe Newton and Kenyan Mexican actor Lupita Nyong’o have stepped into the Star Wars universe in recent years. Kelly Marie Tron, the first Asian American actress to play a major Star Wars character, said she was targeted by trolls on social media and deleted all of her Instagram posts in 2018 – leading to speculation that she had been abused online. Was the stimulus.

See also  Russia-Ukraine war news: live announcements

Kelly Marie Tron has deleted her Instagram posts. Is it related to the harassment of Star Wars actresses?

He addressed the move in an interview with the Hollywood Reporter last year. Tron said She concluded that the internet was “not good for my mental health”. I’m going to leave this out.

And Boyega, who GQ told the press He faced death threats during the time he played for former Storm player Finn. Performed impassioned speech In the presence of thousands of people in the massive Black Lives Matter protest that took place in Hyde Park in London in 2020 following the death of George Floyd.

“I need to understand how painful it is to be reminded every day that your race is nothing,” the actor said before telling people around him, “I do not know if I’m going to get a career after this.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.